BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Hey ya'll.

I was supposed to interview Gec Chia the other week but I was in Thailand. I'll be posting the adventures there in the non-sports blog late this week. You guys just have to read one story there. It moved me a lot and I do hope it moves you as well to do your part.


I have some deadlines to finish up. If I do interview Gec it's going to be next week. That promised Blue Eagle update will be up next week as well. I'll meet up with team officials when they get back from Bacolod. And there's that unfinished Ford Arao tribute vid. Next week, les bleus!

Other stuff coming up:
- the history of co-eds in Ateneo (for Blueblood magazine)
- an NBA player who shall go nameless for now (for Business Mirror)

I don't think I'll be able to do PBA stuff (not formally at least but will try to write something when I do get to catch the games), but definitely PBL. I'm waiting for Commish Chino Trinidad to get back.

Thanks for reading. Hi to our friends in Hong Kong, Australia, the Netherlands, UAE, Qatar, and Guam.

No comments:

Post a Comment