BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Brew

Bleachers' Brew has been around for over a year, but honestly, before I hated it. Maybe because I was busy at work that I didn't have time for it. You can either credit or blame Mai for that. She pushed me to work on it.

We started keeping stats (via google) since September 24 and in two months, we've gotten over 16,000 hits from 59 different countries. There are over 5,000 absolute unique viewers who go to the site. Too bad we missed out on the bulk of the UAAP season. Now that would have kicked up the numbers. To my Serbian friend, thanks for writing and going to the blog! Maybe I'll get to go to Sarajevo one of these days.

As my good friend Sidney Ventura says, we've taken blogging to a whole new dimension. Hahaha.

It would be interesting to see what happens to it next year.

Anyways, some notes:

While chatting with the RP Women's Basketball Team, coach Fritz Gaston, who is a former ABL teammate of mine, chided me for putting on weight. Of course, I laughed, but ain't it the truth? But he's right, I gotta lose weight.

The interview and video with Norman Black and Paolo Trillo should be out by late this week.

If things work out, AC Milan's Kaka will be here too. And Ryan Buenafe. Trying to work out something with Liverpool FC.

No comments:

Post a Comment