BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New old kits

Did anyone notice those retro kits that England wore during its friendly with Slovakia? I am not so sure whether I like it or not so I'll reserve my judgment for another time.


It seems though that retro kits are coming out now. Miggy Mendoza tells me that adidas recently released the old Crown Paints kit. Golly, that was terrible along with the Hitachi ones. I still say that Carlsberg is probably the best sponsor for LFC.

Also out are old Juventus kits.


No comments:

Post a Comment