BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Pursuit of Happiness

As we got out of the Iloilo Airport, I plugged in my iPod and got the camera ready to roll. As we drove through the road out and into Santa Barbara, the first song I played was the Verve's "Lucky Man" from their great album Urban Hymns.

It's a nice driving song too and with a sense of purpose, well it makes for a beautiful soundtrack.

My other fave songs on the album including "Bittersweet Symphony," "The Rolling People," "Sonnet," and "Weeping Willow" with its fuzz and psychedelic haze.


Last year, after a three year wait, I got to do the Ateneo Sports calendar with a great bunch of guys and this year after another three-year wait, I'm doing that football documentary.

The pursuit of happiness is in a three-year cycle.

Happiness
More or less
It's just a change in me
Something in my liberty
Oh, my, my
Happiness
Coming and going
I watch you look at me
Watch my fever growing
I know just where I am

But how many corners do I have to turn?
How many times do I have to learn
All the love I have is in my mind?

But I'm a lucky man
With fire in my hands

No comments:

Post a Comment