BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Letter from Nonito Donaire

Hi! Hows our favorite writer? We have to meet up when we get back to the Philippines. Anywho, we were wondering if you'd like to be a contributing writer to our site www.FilipinoFlash.com. We'd be very honored to have whatever your write about on our site, if you agree. Let us know ok? Hope all is well!!
JunJun and Rache

Hey ya'll!
Am fine thank you. What's up with all of you? What are you doing now?
Hey, Jun, who are you fighting next? When are you going back here?
I'd love to write for you. That goes without saying. Let me know what's up with you all so we can prepare new materials for you.
Thanks.
Rick

Hi Rick! We tried calling so it was more personal but we understand that you are busy. I'm fighting Hugo Cazares next, as far as what Arum said. If its signed, I should be getting a contract soon. Ill be back there after the fight, Atan Penalosa is here already and Im waiting for the sparring partners. I took Rache on a honeymoon, as you can see from the youtube vids. Other than that, her birthday is Sunday and I've been just training. You know me. I tried this blog thing and it takes getting use to. Rache has been working her butt off on the website. Do you like it? She rarely sleeps and she's been training too so we try to get as much sleep as possible. You can send us questions and we'll answer. As for your contributions, just send it here and Rache will upload and link it to your blog!! GTG to sleep TTYL
JunJun

---------------------
I became fast friends with the Donaires during that weekend in Baguio where I attended his training camp. I enjoyed their company and we all had fun. It was also a privilege to be in their corner during the fight. I took some videos of the victory party at Kamayan but I did not upload it in youtube or anywhere else because I thought it was a private celebration that others didn't need to see. It was fun writing about him and to be honest there's still a lot to mine about him. That's a term, a personal one I coined, "soul mining" when it comes to my style of writing. can't wait to turn up one again.

I've written about three boxers -- Manny Pacquiao, Brian Viloria, and Nonito Donaire. There's another boxer -- who I will not mention for now -- who I've been following but it's kinda hard to write it. Maybe I'll find something about it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment