BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, June 29, 2009

No miracle in the jungle


I was doing the jig so early in the morning. Team USA spotted Brazil 2-0 after 45 minutes of play and the South Americans looked nervous. But Brazil showed why they are a football superpower when they scored 3 goals (should have been four though) in the second half.

I thought the Americans were vulnerable at set pieces especially at the corners where Kaka, Robinho, Fabian, and Maicon were able to get some good shots in. But their defense in the midfield was real good as the Brazilians were forced to try to attack with the long ball and using their speed.

I think the US will qualify for the World Cup in South Africa but wow, how tough is that going to be for them?

This one is going to hurt for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment