BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Halikinu Radio Episode 3

Our now standard U2 pose before each and every episode. The running gags: Chuck's "You knows...," "kakanta pa ng alma mater?" at the end of every show, and the loquacious Chiquito Henson.

It was my turn to host the show tonight. I've been battling a sore throat all week and I was hoping it didn't affect things. Had fun nevertheless. Oh, the tee shirt is 100% John Cena.

Arriane Serafico of the Ateneo School of Government talks about their Kaya Natin Fun Run on August 2 and the One Big Fight! One Big Vote! Raffle.

Jai Reyes makes a point. The hirit about Mike Baldos giving up his slot to Emman was hilarious.


The cast and guests of the third ep of Halikinu Radio.


My playlist for the day: Narda - Meron Ba? * Mother Love Bone - Chloe Dancer * Phoenix - Too Young * Red Hot Chili Peppers - Soul to Squeeze * Sevendust - Bender * The Sundays - You're Not The Only One I Know * Van Halen - Human Beings * A-Ha - Here I Stand and Face the Rain * Gin Blossoms - Found Out About You * Green Day - Warning * Incubus - Nice To Know You * Jane's Addiction - Just Because * Kevin Shields - City Girl * British Sea Power - Please Stand Up * Doves - The Cedar Room * Dream Theater - Another Day * Dredg - Bug Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment