BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Pics at Letran

Coach Louie Alas takes a look at Letran's Sports Hall of Fame inside their Gymnasium. We spent a while talking about the Letran heroes. It's a who's who in sports. Impressive.
The front of CSLJ. Of my uncles, only one went to school at Ateneo in Intramuros. All the rest went to Padre Faura and Loyola Heights. There are times when we go to Intramuros just to look around. Kinda fun just to see the old schools there including Letran and Lyceum among others.
The official 1960 NCAA jersey of the Letran Knights. Wow. Iba talaga nung time na yun.
Click on the image to read what is written about Baluarte de San Gabriel along Muralla Street. I have this cool cool hardbound book on Intramuros. Just love it to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment