BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Touchdown

While rummaging through my old closet at my parents' home to pick out what's left of my CD collection, I was elated to find this album by Bob James titled "Touchdown."

It was his breakout album (and sixth release and get this sixth album = six points which what a touchdown is worth) way back in 1978 and my pop used to play it on the old turntable. He knew I was also an American Football fan and he knew I'd like it as well.

If you're a fan of NFL films, you'll love this cool throwback. Plus it also had the theme song from the old television show "Taxi" starring Tony Danza. Titled "Angela" it's a nice and low key way to open the album.

I bought this in Washington DC several years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment