BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Just Signed This Petition


To: New York City Soccer Fans

We, the Undersigned, support The Borough Boys Supporters Club and other parties involved in their drive to bring back the New York Cosmos as a Major League Soccer franchise. 

New York City is the most diverse city in the World but yet does not have a soccer team to truly call its own. Recently many of the former NASL teams have been brought back and continue to be brought back into MLS but the cornerstone franchise is still not back. 

New York City is ready, more than ever, to support and embrace a soccer team to call its own.

Please bring back soccer to New York City! Please bring back The Cosmos! 



www.thisiscosmoscountry.com

--------

Before I became a fan of Liverpool, I was a fan of the New York Cosmos. As I have written so many times here in Brew, they were the original Los Galacticos of football. They were fun and exciting to watch and for a budding sports fan like me, they were larger than life. I even had a Cosmos lunch box and a shirt that is now way way too small for me. Hahaha. I know MLS has the Red Bulls but if the Yankees and Mets can co-exist, then the Cosmos and the Red Bulls certainly can. Franz Beckenbauer!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment