BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go

I'll be in Hanoi, Vietnam for the next time days to cover the Suzuki Cup Finals (formerly the Tiger Cup). There won't be much on other sports except football and life in Vietnam. I'll miss the PCCL Finals (sob sob) so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish the Ateneo de Manila Blue Eagles the best of luck!

So I made a list of things to do when I get to Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi:
1. to verify if the win indeed sucks
2. to cross the road in one piece while praying to God that I don't get run over
3. to look for pretty Vietnamese girls
4. to cover football
5. to check out the city

See you all tonight when I go online from the Sheraton in Hanoi.

1 comment:

  1. I will be in Vietnam on December 17 to 19. Please let me know what are the best places to go to in HCM (especially if you're searching for item #3). Looking forward to your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete