BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The power of an NBA title compels you!


I sort of liked the Miami Heat. That is until this bunch decided to take their talents to South Beach. While I'm not rooting for them and I still think that LeBron James -- win or lose -- is an ass, they sure can play the game. They are 9-1 in their last 10 matches and look to be hitting their stride. See? I got that right too. I said that they'll be okay after they have played their first 20 games. But who would have thought that the San Antonio Sterns would have only four losses and the Boston Celtics five? Play's picking up but I totally like this shot of LeBron skying for a slam with Dywane Wade scooting away after the alley-oop pass with the helpless Milwaukee Bucks looking on. To the Associated Press' Morry Gash -- wonderful shot, dude! I'm thinking of the Pixies' "Levitate Me'.

No comments:

Post a Comment