BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Monday, December 26, 2011

My 2011 UFL Cup Starting XI

With the league competition about to kick off in a little over two weeks' time, I thought that I'd name my starting eleven and bench for the 2011 UFL Cup. Here are my choices:



My 2011 UFL Cup Starting XI

Coach: Sgt. Edzel Bracamonte Jr.
Goalkeeper: Tats Mercado (Air Force)
Back Four: Anton del Rosario (Kaya) Yves Ashime (Pachanga) Jerry Barbaso (Global) Roxy Dorlas (Loyola)
Midfield: William Guerridon (Global) Angel Guirado (Global) Anto Gonzales (Diliman) Chieffy Caligdong (Air Force)
Forwards: Ian Araneta (Air Force) Phil Younghusband (Loyola)

Bench:
GK Jeff Blake (Nomads)
DF Adrian Semblat (Kaya) Randy Musters (Nomads) Lemuel Unabia (Green Archers United) Jason Cordova (Stallion)
MF James Younghusband (Loyola) Oussey Diop (Pachanga) Ansing Gustilo (Stallion)
FW Izzo El Habbib (Global) Tating Pasilan (Green Archers United) Jovin Bedic (Pachanga)


-------------


For a longer version of this, check out the January issue of Football Philippines. I also have an article there titled, "Like a Phoenix from the Ashes". And will also have a league preview of the league competition for interaksyon.com. 

1 comment:

  1. I would rather use the old but skillful Yanti than Araneta.

    ReplyDelete