BLEACHERS BREW EST. MAY 2006

Someone asked me how my blog and newspaper column came to be titled "Bleachers Brew". It's like this, it's an amalgam of sorts of two things: The bleachers area in the stadium/arena where I used to sit when I would watch baseball, football, and basketball games and Miles Davis' great jazz album Bitches Brew. That's how it got culled together. I originally planned on calling it "The View from the Big Chair" that is a nod to Tears For Fear's second album, Songs from the Big Chair. So there.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Check out my new Mizuno Ascend 8!


The Wave Ascend 8 is my third pair of Mizunos after the Wave Rider 14 and 17. Between the previous two, it was the Wave Rider 14 that I liked best as I found 17 a little to rigid. Nevertheless, I am excited about the Wave Ascend 8. It's an off-road shoe that is said to be durable and can take a lot of punishment. I got an off-road shoe because I pretty much walk everywhere. I think the design and the color scheme -- looks perfect for the off-road -- makes it look classy enough to even wear to some event that isn't too formal.

Trying it on now, I love that the width is just right since I have wide feet. The padding feels good so far and am eager to try this on rocky terrain. There's enough toe room so my toes don't feel cramped or bunched up. It also is said to have good ventilation so we gotta check that out.


Take a look at the sole gives a good grip on different types of surfaces! 

I will be giving the shoe a road test and will see how it scores on the following criteria: forefoot cushioning, stability, weight, heel cushioning, and stiffness. 

Wish me luck!



Grazi, Mizuno!

No comments:

Post a Comment